“Let your yoga meet you where you are.”
It begins with yoga. It extends to work, family life, driving, running errands. It is the practice of acceptance in its unadulterated state.
As my mother always said
“When you don’t have expectations, you can never be disappointed.”
Expectations, “shoulding,” two ways of saying the same thing: “I’m here, but wish I was there.”
Below are my truisms from today’s workout:
1) They can’t all be winners
2) Not warmed up enough
3) Give it time- you’ve got your whole life
4) Just show up!
5) “do your best, forget the rest” Tony Horton
6) Stay slow
7) Have Fun!
8) Active recovery
9) Let it be hard!
10) No expectations= living in the present, not seeing it through the eyes of the past
11) What’s easy for them is not necessarily easy for you, and vice versa
12) No ego!
13) Don’t get ugly! (meaning, keep your form)
14) Stay calm
15) The body has all you need for enlightenment
16) You get hurt when you “should”
17) Tabula rasa- go in with a blank mind- no expectations
18) Only in the world of comparisons does pain arise- be here now
19) “Rome was not built in a day and neither was your body”- Tony Horton
20) Go slow internally- remember there is nowhere to go, nothing to become
21) Slow is not bad, fast is not good, more is not better, less is not worse
23) You can come back to it later.